Thursday, December 1, 2011

Salivation Army



Often cast as a clammy grave robber
He's the master of hammy macabre
For this ghoul who's disturbed           
His fans' drool can't be curbed
For the ghastly they clamor and slobber.

 Our chronological tribute to Vincent Price has crawled from the grave once again. We're celebrating the 100th anniversary of the actor's birth, or "Vincenntial." When we left off at the end of October, we had just started on Masque of the Red Death, which is where we'll resume day after next. "Salivation Army" comes from a mini-comic cover that Joe Zabel drew for me back in 1986, though the term has appeared elsewhere. The image is from Pit and the Pendulum.

2 comments:

Peter Fuller said...

Keep them coming! Just lovin it and I'm sure Vinnie is chuckling on other side as well.

cheers from thesoundofvincentprice.com

surly hack said...

Thanks, Kultguy! This is praise indeed coming from a Price fan extraordinaire. I wish I had been able to attend the actual Vincentennial in St. Louis, but in lieu of that I'm throwing my own.